none
Calling SP 2010 /_vti_bin/Lists.asmx responds with an exception 0x80131418 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all!

    We're trying to call SharePoint 2010 SOAP API /_vti_bin/Lists.asmx with .NET application for inserting or updating List Items. On the development server everything works like a charm but the production server reponds with the following error message:

    Server was unable to process request. ---> Cannot load dynamically generated serialization assembly. In some hosting environments assembly load functionality is restricted, consider using pre-generated serializer. Please see inner exception for more information. ---> Could not load file or assembly '2uaeydjv, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant permission to execute. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131418) ---> Invalid syntax.

    For every request the assembly name "2uaeydjv" changes: lwn9xgsf, nhbeu9kl, ...

    What is the problem and how can we fix it?

    Best regards,

        Harri


    • Edited by Haba7 Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:58 PM
    Wednesday, March 23, 2016 6:47 PM

All replies

  • Hi Harri,

    Please check if you can access the lists.asmx service in browser directly in the server where the code runs.

    It would be very appreciated if you can provide detailed code for further research.

    Thanks,

    Victoria

    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Thursday, March 24, 2016 12:02 PM
    Moderator
  • Please check if you can access the lists.asmx service in browser directly in the server where the code runs.

    Hi Victoria

    And thanks for answering! We have opened a support case to MS SharePoint Developer Support about this issue.

    Yes, we can access Lists.asmx with browser directly in the server where the code runs.

    We are able to reproduce the error with this sample code by changing an existing list name into the source code.

    Harri

    Thursday, March 24, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Hi Harri,

    Thanks for the information.

    If you get solution for this issue, it would be very appreciated if you can provide the solution here and it will help other users who meet the same issue in this forum.

    Thanks again for your understanding and support.

    Thanks,

    Victoria


    TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    Friday, April 1, 2016 9:04 AM
    Moderator
  • MS SharePoint Development Support found out that this SP (installed by another company) has 3 sites and the issue occurs only in one of them. They changed IIS bindings to use another site in port 80. So, the initial cause for the issue remains mystery.

    Harri



    • Edited by Haba7 Saturday, April 23, 2016 8:22 AM
    Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:26 AM