none
SharePoint 2013 May 2016 Cumulative Update Microsoft SharePoint Multilingual Solution Did Not Install RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Community,

I am working with SharePoint 2013 Enterprise Edition.  I am in the process of upgrading the server farm to the latest version through installing Service Packs and Cumulative Updates.  Six of the seven servers updated without issue, but the seventh server did not properly install the Microsoft SharePoint Multilingual Solution.  While this seems like a minor problem it’s actually a major problem because it prevents me from running the SharePoint Configurations Wizard after the patching (all builds across the farm have to match).

To resolve the error I tried restarting IIS, rebooting PRDSPFE01, and re-running the patch solution, but these actions did not resolve the issue.  I don’t think it’s possible (and it’s definitely not advisable) to uninstall the updates because they usually make changes to the database schema.  I have researched the issue online, but presumably because this is a really rare issue, so far my research has not turned up anything useful. 

Has anyone else seen this issue?  If you have then please let me know how to resolve it.

Thanks! 

Tom

Tom Molskow - Senior SharePoint Architect - Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 and 2012 Award - Linked-In - SharePoint Gypsy

Thursday, June 9, 2016 11:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Tom,

Which versions of SP1 and CU did you install?

I suggest you install SP1 packages in the list below:

https://thesharepointfarm.com/2015/04/list-of-good-sharepoint-2013-service-pack-1-packages/

Is there any error message after you installed CU?

Is there any error message when you ran SharePoint configuration wizard? If yes, please provide here.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tom Molskow Friday, June 10, 2016 5:39 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 3:04 AM

All replies

• hi

what error message do you get?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, June 10, 2016 3:01 AM
  • Hi Tom,

Which versions of SP1 and CU did you install?

I suggest you install SP1 packages in the list below:

https://thesharepointfarm.com/2015/04/list-of-good-sharepoint-2013-service-pack-1-packages/

Is there any error message after you installed CU?

Is there any error message when you ran SharePoint configuration wizard? If yes, please provide here.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Tom Molskow Friday, June 10, 2016 5:39 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 3:04 AM