none
Customize Wiki Page RRS feed

• Question

• I want to customozie Wiki as an administrator with the following requierment.

User should be able to create their own content using Wiki. Once created that should be approved by the adminitrator to publish. Also

1. Users should be able to file their wiki pages under certain categories to make them searchable to other groups.
    2 They should also be able to choose which of the other target audiences can see their wiki page.
    3. Wiki pages will be divided into categories such science, IT etc.

Is this possible in SharePoint. Or do I need to create my own Webpart for this.

Please advice if I can use the exisiting Wiki as it in SharePoint 2010 or Do I need to create my own and how.

Thanks

karthick
    Monday, December 20, 2010 9:49 AM

Answers

• Wikis are for collaboration (ex. across a sub-site), so the features you are requesting are not 'very visible'. For example, categories are available in enterprise wiki and you can customize a wiki library to add additional columns and web parts. Users will need some design permissions (ex. set audiences). You can customize but that requires additional work.
    Another option that could work in your environment is mysite with blogs and other social features and tags. Users can subscribe based on various parameters or tags.
    AK
    • Marked as answer by Lily Wu Monday, December 27, 2010 2:06 PM
    Monday, December 20, 2010 12:41 PM