none
Sharepoint - drop down menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am currently on the non-publishing site version and want to add drop down menus to my homepage. I am unable to make my site a publishing one as I cannot find the publishing features..

Could someone advise how can I add drop down menu in the non publishing site - if at all its possible..

regards,

Shweta

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:28 AM

All replies

• you can go to root site of site collection and check site collection feature, activate publishing infrastructure feature first.

Then go to your particular site in site features, you can activate publishing feature

Mark ANSWER if this reply resolves your query, If helpful then VOTE HELPFUL
    INSQLSERVER.COM Mohammad Nizamuddin

• Marked as answer by schordiya29 Friday, January 3, 2014 3:03 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by schordiya29 Friday, January 3, 2014 3:03 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Malin De Silva Friday, January 3, 2014 4:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Malin De Silva Friday, January 3, 2014 4:03 AM
    Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:58 AM
  • Hi,

Pls note my screen doesn't have the publishing feature.. kindly advise how do I add the publishing feature infrastructure to my list..

thanks

shweta

Friday, January 3, 2014 3:07 AM
  • You have to find the Root site and go to Site Settings, then select Site Collection features under the Site Collection Administration. Then Activate the SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure.

Thereafter go to Manage Site Features under the Site Actions in whatever the site required (May be even root site). Activate the SharePoint Server Publishing feature. 

Friday, January 3, 2014 4:08 AM
  • Hi Malin,

I understand what you are trying to say but my root site displays on the below mentioned features.

I tried as mentioned by you - Manage Site Features under the Site Actions in whatever the site required

Name   Status

Custom Site Collection Help

Creates a Help library that can be used to store custom help for this site collection.

Open Documents in Client Applications by Default

Configures links to documents so they open in client applications instead of Web applications, by default.

Search Server Web Parts and Templates

This feature will add the Search Server Web Parts and Display Templates to your site. Search will work on most sites without this feature being activated, but if you get a message about missing templates when searching, then activate this feature.

Three-state workflow

Use this workflow to track items in a list.

There is nothing mentioned for SharePoint Server Publishing feature..

Can you provide me you email address I can send you a screen shot if required.

Thanks

Shweta

• Edited by schordiya29 Friday, January 3, 2014 4:48 AM
    Friday, January 3, 2014 4:47 AM