none
Custom list columns not showing up in the new item creation. SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a sandbox solution basically to deploy a list template and an instance of it. (using visual studio 2012)
    So basically I created a few Site Columns, Content Type (derived from Item, and added the site columns). I create the list using the Tasks as Parent list. I add the newly created custom content type to the list definition. I have made sure to check that the "Show on New Menu" is enabled.
    The solution is deployed fine. However, when I create a new item the new columns are not showing up. Just the columns derived from the parent Task list are.

Can you please suggest why and how to get the custom columns show up.

Thanks,

-tp

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Navigate to List settings -> Advanced settings. Check that "Allow Management of Content types" is "Yes". Then under the list content types, you should be able to see your content type if your list template is setup fine. Set your content type as default. Then try to go back to add new Item and see whether your columns come up.

These settings can also be made part of list definiton easily.

Narahari

******If a post answers/helps your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful*******

Thursday, August 15, 2013 2:50 AM