none
Set outgoing email limit for all users in Exchange 2016 organization. RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to set the following outgoing email limit on exchange server.

300 emails per day/user

30 email per minute/user

500 recipients per day/user

Any reference or suggestion to achieve the above goal is appreciated.

Thanks

Monday, October 19, 2020 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric_Yin

Thanks for your response and confirmation for "But Exchange doesn't have built-in functions that limit the number of messages per day/user, I'm afraid you need some third-party tools for that purpose."

Thanks again

• Marked as answer by iftekhara Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:29 AM

All replies

• Have a look at throttling policies https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/set-throttlingpolicy?view=exchange-ps specifically the MessageRateLimit and RecipientRateLimit 

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, October 19, 2020 10:51 PM
  • Hi iftekhara,

As Glen Scales posts, you can create a throttling policy for those users you want to limit:

New-ThrottlingPolicy -Name LimitMessagesSent -RecipientRateLimit 30 -MessageRateLimit 1
    Set-Mailbox -Identity user_alias -ThrottlingPolicy LimitMessagesSent

But Exchange doesn't have built-in functions that limit the number of messages per day/user, I'm afraid you need some third-party tools for that purpose.

Actually this Exchange Server Development forum is NOT for asking such questions, the previous TechNet Exchange/Skype  forum has been migrated to Q&A forum, you can post your issues there with appropriate tags.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 5:47 AM
  • Hi Eric_Yin

Thanks for your response and confirmation for "But Exchange doesn't have built-in functions that limit the number of messages per day/user, I'm afraid you need some third-party tools for that purpose."

Thanks again

• Marked as answer by iftekhara Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:29 AM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:29 AM
  • Hi Glen Scales

Thank you very much for replying my query.

i had went through the link you shared, with this link i can achieve the last 2 requirement 

30 email per minute/user

500 recipients per day/user

but I could not get the solution for following requirement

300 emails per day/user

Thanks

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 9:37 AM