none
Login to SharePoint sites is getting failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am facing issue to login to the Share Point sites. We are using the Sharepoint CSOM to work with it. 

While login I am getting the following error. 

ERROR: 

Identity Client Runtime Library (IDCRL) could not look up the realm information for a federated sign-in

Can you please guide me to identify what can be the possibilities ? 

Thanks in  advance. 

Monday, September 9, 2019 10:18 AM

All replies

• Tuesday, September 10, 2019 12:56 AM
  • Hi shital,

If you are login to SharePoint Online site, please install SharePoint Online CSOM library with this command in Visual Studio:

Install-Package Microsoft.SharePointOnline.CSOM -Version 16.1.19223.12000

Then using SharePointOnlineCredentials class to authenticate specific user:

using Microsoft.SharePoint.Client;
    using System.Linq;
    using System.Security;

using (ClientContext ctx = new ClientContext("https://tenantname.sharepoint.com/sites/sitename"))
                {
                    string password = "*********";
                    string account = "username@tenant.onmicrosoft.com";
                    var secret = new SecureString();
                    foreach (char c in password)
                    {
                        secret.AppendChar(c);
                    }
                    ctx.Credentials = new SharePointOnlineCredentials(account, secret);
                    ctx.Load(ctx.Web);
                    ctx.ExecuteQuery();
                };

Reference:

SharePoint Online console application with csom

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi All,

Thank you for the given reply!

I have done these primary things. Actually I am able to login to the one site but for another Admin site I am facing this issue.

I am suspecting that it may be the issue with some settings at Admin portal.

Thanks!

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Hi shital,

Did you want to login to SharePoint Admin Center like this url "https://Tenantname-admin.sharepoint.com"?

If that is the case, need to use the Tenant Administrator credential rather than normal user's.

Thanks

Best Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 6:02 AM
  • Yes, you are right and we are doing so. we are using the Admin credentials. For one Tenant it is working but for one another it is giving error.
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:58 AM
  • Hi shital,

In general, this way should be working as it's working for another Tenant in your side.

Currently, you can try to use the same credentail log into Admin Center via Browser UI to see if you can login successfully.

Thanks

Best Regards

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Yes, in browser I am able to login. 
    Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:32 AM
  • Hi shital,

This issue now should be related to the specific Tenant backend issue, you could submit a service request to specify the issue details to Office 365 to get furthur help from Office 365 engineer.

Thanks

Best Regards

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 10:37 AM