none
Blank Page in Customized word Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts,

I am doing a Word Customization Project using VSTO 3.0 and C#. In the word Document I have 5 Section in the Table [5 Tables]

First Section [Table is on 2 pages], to make a each section on New line I have inserted "\r" in the BookMark before each section.

When Document open default there is not a single section selected [from the Custom Action Pane] so I am hiding all Table by using HightRule.

But when it hides table it shows Blank page in the document. If I select 2 section document has a Blank page before section.

I want to delete blank page. I am using word customization using VSTO Runtime 3.0 and C#.

Thanks in Advance

• Changed type Bessie Zhao Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:56 AM
    • Changed type pank's Friday, March 12, 2010 2:14 PM It was question
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:22 PM

Answers

• Hi

I am using MS Word 2003 for customization and VS 2008.

What I found that as we are keeping all table in the Document and on Document opening I am

applying Table Hightrule [= 0.1 ] to all tables.

When user selects sections from the ActionPane I am making Table hight to original hight.

and in each table information inserted is dynamic and as we keep on adding information to Table

section it get's expanding and if information is such as which fit's in the ONE Page of word then

the bordet of the Tables shifts on the Next Page so It inserts Blank Page. I kept it as it and

accepted by End User.

Thanks
    Pankaj

• Marked as answer by pank's Friday, March 12, 2010 2:15 PM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:14 PM

All replies

• Hello

Please remember to always specify the version(s) of Word you're targeting.

Is this a Document or a Template type? (Will the user create multiple new documents from your customization, or will the same document always be used?)

If I'm correctly understanding your scenario, from my personal point-of-view and experience it would probably be better to define each "Section" that could be in the document as an AutoText or BuildingBlock entry. Then your code (ActionPane) inserts each section as required. that's usually preferable to having to remove sections.
    Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 3:35 PM
  • We are changing the issue type to "General Discussion" because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to "Question" by opening the Options list at the top of the post window, and changing the type. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:56 AM

• Hi

I am using MS Word 2003 for customization and VS 2008.

What I found that as we are keeping all table in the Document and on Document opening I am

applying Table Hightrule [= 0.1 ] to all tables.

When user selects sections from the ActionPane I am making Table hight to original hight.

and in each table information inserted is dynamic and as we keep on adding information to Table

section it get's expanding and if information is such as which fit's in the ONE Page of word then

the bordet of the Tables shifts on the Next Page so It inserts Blank Page. I kept it as it and

accepted by End User.

Thanks
    Pankaj

• Marked as answer by pank's Friday, March 12, 2010 2:15 PM
    Friday, March 12, 2010 2:14 PM