none
Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object " error while running update query. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to Access. as a matter of fact, whole Microsoft technologies. So this might be a very silly question but I have been struggling with this for a couple of days.

I have linked a SharePoint list into my access database and I want to update a couple of dates. But for every update query, I try to run it gives below error.

The Microsoft Access database engine could not find the object ''. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly. If '' is not a local object, check your network connection or contact the server administrator.

The interesting thing is I can still run select queries and those work successfully. The problem comes with update queries. I have full access <g class="gr_ gr_568 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" data-gr-id="568" id="568">on</g> this list. I have tried to delete the link and create again. I have tried creating dummy lists as well but it is not working. For your reference, I am using below update query.

UPDATE [Table_Name] SET [Table_Name].Start = [Start]+168, [Table_Name].[End] = [END]+168;

Just for the testing purpose, I have tried to simplified query as below but it is also giving the same error,

UPDATE [Table_Name] SET [Table_Name].Comment = "XXXYYYZZZ";

Please help me to identify the issue here...any pointer is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

regards,

Monday, August 13, 2018 8:32 AM