none
Best way to backup and restore SP 2013 list with custom infopath form

Question

• What is the best way to backup and restore a sharepoint 2013 list with a complex InfoPath list form? Does the native MS backup and restore copy the custom form correctly when restoring list to new site? We have not had any issues restoring lists but the custom InfoPath form seems to make it much more complicated. Thanks for any feedback!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:19 PM

All replies

• You may consider STP format including all content. Create list at destination site with same name. You can get InfoPath farms also.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks

Lalith

----------------------------------------

Please mark as Answer, if this post solves your issue.

• Proposed as answer by mikello Friday, April 21, 2017 5:16 PM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:34 PM
  • Hi SPWalker,

Any update on this?

Friday, April 21, 2017 3:58 PM
  • I think the simplest way would be to save as list template as suggested by Kirank. But this will work only within sites. If you need to use a backup tool to migrate to another site collection or farm, it might be challenging if the infopath form is heavily customized with multiple data connections, various xsn files etc. 

While I have never faced this scenario, I did find a link that might help you. Let us know what worked for you.

https://www.c5insight.com/Resources/Blog/tabid/88/entryid/613/how-to-migrate-a-sharepoint-2010-infopath-list-form-to-sharepoint-2013-or-sharepoint-online.aspx 

Friday, April 21, 2017 5:20 PM