none
Own .html page stored in SharePoint 2013? RRS feed

• Question

• Which way is the preferred when you want to built a Single Page Application within SharePoint. I mean i can put my .js into some Library and my HTML to a Content Editor WebPart, but my question is if it is possible to use a complete .html page for this purpose instead of using the Content Editor Webpart.

Thursday, July 7, 2016 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hello,

In order to create html file you need to create it locally and then upload to document library. Alternatively you may create and edit it in SharePoint Designer or open library with windows explorer and create the file there.

But if you want SharePoint master page to be maintained in your page I suggest to upload your html file, create webpart page, put Content Editor webpart on it and refer the html file in the CEWP settings. 

If my suggestion helped you to solve your problem, please don't forget to mark it as Answer

• Marked as answer by BOG's Lab Monday, August 1, 2016 5:28 PM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

We can using SharePoint designer to create your html file or upload your html file into document library.

Check the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Dennis

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 11, 2016 2:34 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We can create a complete .html page using SharePoint designer and store the page in a document library in SharePoint 2013.

In order to show the html page in browser, we need go to SharePoint Central Administration -> Application Management -> Manage Web Applications > Then select the particular web application and then select General Settings from Ribbon. Then go to the Browser File Handling section, choose Permissive. And then click on OK.

More information:

http://www.enjoysharepoint.com/Articles/Details/open-html-page-in-browser-in-sharepoint-2013-or-sharepoint-21082.aspx

If you want to use the html page as a web part, we can use Page Viewer Web Part to achieve it.

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 8, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Hi Dennis, thanks for reply.

I have tested the following case:

I created a new "Page" through Settings > Add a Page. Isnt this the same thing what you described? When i then go to the Site Pages Library, i can only right click the page and downloat it. There is no "Save" menu. 

But this page has a lot of things in it. Where is the part where i can put in "my html"? Is this a good way to go?

• Edited by BOG's Lab Friday, July 8, 2016 9:28 AM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 9:17 AM
  • Hello,

In order to create html file you need to create it locally and then upload to document library. Alternatively you may create and edit it in SharePoint Designer or open library with windows explorer and create the file there.

But if you want SharePoint master page to be maintained in your page I suggest to upload your html file, create webpart page, put Content Editor webpart on it and refer the html file in the CEWP settings. 

If my suggestion helped you to solve your problem, please don't forget to mark it as Answer

• Marked as answer by BOG's Lab Monday, August 1, 2016 5:28 PM
    Friday, July 8, 2016 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

We can using SharePoint designer to create your html file or upload your html file into document library.

Check the screenshot below:

Best Regards,

Dennis

Monday, July 11, 2016 2:34 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Friday, July 22, 2016 9:23 AM