none
SP 2013 designer workflow check for folder and then create folder and move file inside the folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All, 

The drop off library has the fields below per first image, and I am looking to create a workflow which basically needs to follow the logical structure shown in the second screenshot. Once the document is dropped in the Drop Off it should check against the "Employee list's" employee id. If it exists then should move to Active library else to the terminated library. There(destination library) it should check for the Last Name Index folder (we have created folder structure A-Z), if it matches one of the last name indexes, then the workflow should proceed with the next steps as per the screenshot. Is this doable? 

Friday, August 9, 2019 8:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Sumanth ,

In SharePoint 2010/2013, there is no out-of-box workflow action to move a file from one library to another. Simple solution is copying the file and deleting it afterwards.

You can follow the steps in my screenshot to set up workflow.

For your second part of the need, workflow is difficult to complete it.

In workflow, moving files to folders requires the path of the specified folder, and your need is to move to a different folder based on the different last name index values, so we can't specify the path of the folder.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 12, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun - I was able to create a workflow which creates the folder structure per below in the destination doc library but now i need to create a workflow at the destination library to move the PDF inside the folder (first name, last name, empid) and then move that to Last name index folder. Any ideas on how to achieve this task?
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:24 PM
  • Hi Sumanth,

As the second question is a new one, I would suggest you post it in a new thread, it would make others easier to focus on one question in one single thread and it will benefit other community members who stuck with the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 16, 2019 2:33 AM