none
SharePoint 2016 Patching via Windows Update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,  We have a SharePoint 2016 Farm and i see couple of updates  for SharePoint 2016 in  Windows Update (Windows Update >> Office 2016 >> KB4475520.) 

My question here is. What is the difference between Installing SharePoint patches from Windows Update Versus download the KB and Install SharePoint updates. 

Please share your experience. Appreciate your help .

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Naveen,

There is no difference, but if you download the specific KB you will also get the see the fixes & bug for that specific KB. other than that i don't think of much difference. below article for your reference.

https://blog.stefan-gossner.com/2015/02/12/sharepoint-cus-and-windows-update/

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:39 PM
  • Hi Naveen,

As Sharath says, there's no difference between them.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:21 AM