none
Infopath Form Library Locked/Not Loading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have seen a strange issue over the last couple of days with an InfoPath Form Library not loading.

Users are reporting they are able to update, then at they same time on corresponding days the form library just sits loading, and users aren't able to browse the Library to view forms for about 45 minutes, no errors or timeouts appear?

Then all of a sudden, it all comes back for no apparent reason.

I enabled Verbose logging and notice the following:

Name=Request (LOCK:http://sitename.com:80/sitecollection/site/library/2018-04-28T08_16_25.xml

All other sites and form libraries are fine at this point, and there are no Application or Event log errors.

Could a Form/Template get locked and render the Form library unusable until the lock is cleared?, I would have thought that SharePoint would handle this and not render the library unusable?

Thanks

Matt

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please enable developer dashboard in SharePoint 2013 and reproduce the issue, it would tell you which part takes more time.

Also, please reproduce the issue and monitor the loading process via Fiddler tool, which would provide more information about the issue.

How to enable developer dashboard in SharePoint 2013 for your reference:

https://knowledge.zomers.eu/SharePoint/Pages/How-to-enable-the-SharePoint-2010-Developer-Dashboard.aspx

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 2:46 AM
  • Hi Dean,

Thanks for the suggestions, I can't force the reproduction of the issue but if it happens again I will try those steps to help diagnose the slowness.

It's possible the user who designed the form, started with a filler template and converted to a browser template, which may be causing an issue. Also a few users are opening the form with Chrome.

Best Regards

Matt

Thursday, May 3, 2018 11:20 AM
  • Hi,

It's hard to say which caused this issue before troubleshooting.

Does  the issue occur temporarily? You can check network as well.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:56 AM
  • Hi Matt,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue.

Thanks,

Wendy

Monday, May 14, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hi Wendy,

Sorry for the delay in responding.

We've not had anymore occurrences, it was only affecting this one form

The only reason I could find, was that someone had left the form open on their machine, and it had somehow locked the template meaning users could open the form or render the library....strange as that sounds.

The user who created the form, had mentioned that the form had been converted from a filler template, as opposed to starting with a browser form. There may have been some issues with that conversion, as all other forms on the farm have behaved fine.

Thanks for your help, you can mark this as closed/complete.

Matt

Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:12 AM