none
Assign multiple users as task owner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In SPD Task Information, when I tried to assign multiple users as the Task Owner by entering usernames with semicolon demlimited in Select Users lookup window, it accepts the 2 usernames I entered but when I click OK to exit the lookup window, it only shows the first user I entered in the Task Owner field. 

I know I can assign a group as the Task Owner, but I have many different workflow tasks and I do not want to create a group for each task. If it can accept multiple users, I want to use a variable that has the owner usernames for the Task Owner field.

Is there a way to assign multiple users as the owner of a task?

Thanks.

Friday, August 3, 2012 11:05 PM

All replies

• First, double check your "tasks" list and make sure that the assigned to field will accept multiple users.

Which workflow action are you using for the task assignment? "collect data from a user" will only accept one user or a SharePoint group. You will have to use "assign a form to a group" or "assign a to-do item" if you want to have more than one task owner.

Marlene Lanphier MCTS

• Proposed as answer by Paul Reg Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:57 PM
    Saturday, August 4, 2012 3:28 AM
  • Thank you for your reply, but actually I want to assign task process owner not task assignee. 

I know I can set it up in the task process property page:

Or click Advanced Properties to set up in the Start Approval Process Properties window:

But they both only allow one user or one group. 

Is there a way to assign multiple users as the task process owner? Or is there a way to assign the task process owner within the approval workflow with a workflow action?

Tuesday, August 7, 2012 10:33 PM
  • Then I am stumped here. I tried looking up TaskProcessOwner on MSDN, but I am at a loss. To me, it looks like the documentation says it only accepts one person or a group, but I am not a C# coder, so sometimes MSDN gets a little too deep for me.

Marlene Lanphier MCTS

Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:09 PM