none
INFOPATH message 'The data on this form might have changed. Are you sure you want to close this form? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a submit button on my InfoPath form with some rules.

Its been working fine since last 4 years, but since last 1 week one of my user , when he clicks on submit button he gets below message

"'The data on this form might have changed. Are you sure you want to close this form?"

but when the form gets closed nothing saves , none of the changes gets saved.

However, it is working fine for me.

The only difference being I am having "Sitecollection admin" access and he has "contribute" access.

Monday, May 14, 2018 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The warning message “'The data on this form might have changed. Are you sure you want to close this form?” will be received by user adding or editing an item but deciding to click the close button to cancel the creation/modification of the item.

This user is trying to close the form without saving.

What are the rules configured on the submit button in the form?

Please try to create a new submit button, and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 8:27 AM
  • Hi,

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer to help other community members to find the information quickly.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Carl Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 1:08 AM