none
Email the blog post creator when a comment is submitted - SPD Workflow RRS feed

• Question

• I created a blog site that allows users to submit ideas as posts.  One of the workflows I am working on is trying to generate an email to the "created by" of the post when their post has a new comment.  I have tried several different scenarios with the workflow placed in both the posts list as well as the comments list but cannot seem to build this out to generate this email to the person who created the post.

• How would this "select users" part of the workflow look if I wanted an email to send to the creator of the post when an end user comments on the post? 
    • Would the workflow be for the posts or the comments list?

P.S. we need to have this managed with a workflow rather than alerts.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Dr_Lewp,

You can create a workflow associated with Comments list and set as following:

This setting needs the Post title is unique in the Posts list.

Then you can set to start workflow automatically when an item is created under start options section in the workflow settings.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Dr_Lewp Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:01 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:24 AM

All replies

• Hi Dr_Lewp,

You can create a workflow associated with Comments list and set as following:

This setting needs the Post title is unique in the Posts list.

Then you can set to start workflow automatically when an item is created under start options section in the workflow settings.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Marked as answer by Dr_Lewp Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:01 PM
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Thank you Grace ... that worked perfectly ... I knew I needed the match but I just was too focused on the created by
    Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:01 PM