none
Is it possible to create multiple non-block tasks in SharePoint designer? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workflow that needs to send out multiple non-related tasks at once. I want it to go like this:

- send task to user A

- send task to user B

- send task to user C

- wait for Status on list item to change

- send task to user D

I want to send tasks to user A, B, and C simultaneously, but currently it sends out the task to user A and waits for that task to complete before sending out the task to user B. I'm currently using the To-Do task. Is there a way to create a task that doesn't block? The only thing I can think of doing is creating a separate workflow for each task, but that will be a pain because I will need to create probably 7 workflows each of which will run on every change to the list item and I will have to create multiple tracking fields as well to track if a task was already created or not. I'm just hoping for an easier way.

Friday, January 27, 2017 9:35 PM

All replies

• Hi KubalaML,

From your description, you want to send tasks to user A, B, and C simultaneously.

Do not use the "Assign a To-do item" action.

Using the "Start Custom Task Process" action, Choose Parallel (all at once):

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Proposed as answer by croute1 Monday, January 30, 2017 2:25 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2017 1:02 PM
  • Yeah I was thinking of a way to get that to work, but it's not quite what I need. Each user has a different task with their own set of instructions. It's not three identical tasks.
    Monday, January 30, 2017 11:00 PM
  • Hi,

How did you achieved the scenario. I am facing same kind of challenge!

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 9:59 AM