none
Create new item using SPD workflow 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to create a new item with the SPD workflow but unable to make it as I've one choice field with checkboxes which is causing unexpected value error in workflow. the field is simple choice type but with checkboxes.

Guys please suggest what I need to use to resolve this.

Thanks

Akram H Tamboli

Thursday, October 8, 2015 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Akram,

I have created a workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 with SharePoint 2010 platform and it works fine.

Create an list,  create a column which is with choice type but with checkboxes for the list.

Open the site in SharePoint Designer->create a workflow on the list like the following:

So, try to use SharePoint 2010 platform to create the workflow.

If there is any problems, feel free to reply back. 

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:54 AM

All replies

• Hi Akram,

I have created a workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 with SharePoint 2010 platform and it works fine.

Create an list,  create a column which is with choice type but with checkboxes for the list.

Open the site in SharePoint Designer->create a workflow on the list like the following:

So, try to use SharePoint 2010 platform to create the workflow.

If there is any problems, feel free to reply back. 

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:54 AM
  • Yes Lisa, that works for me. But I'm eager to know why it is failing in SPD 2013 is there any root cause behind this.

Thank You.

Akram H Tamboli

Friday, October 9, 2015 8:56 AM
  • Hi AKram,

I done a test again in another environment SharePoint 2013 today.  

I created the same workflow using SharePoint Designer 2013 with SharePoint 2013 platform and it works fine.

For your issue, I suggest you create a new list with choice column and then create a new item with the SPD 2013 platform workflow. Compare whether it works.

Besides, create a list without choice column and then create a new item with the SPD 2013 platform workflow. Compare whether it works.

If it not works, maybe there are some problems with your SharePoint 2013 workflow:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/laleh/archive/2014/09/03/sharepoint-2013-workflow-troublehsooting.aspx

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Monday, October 12, 2015 9:52 AM