none
Accordion Menu in Access RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone built a dynamic expanding and collapsing "accordion" menu in Access? This would show child menu options under the parent when parent is clicked and the will collapse back to parent when a different menu or parent is clicked.

I'm assuming it could be done with code and use of the Navigation control, just looking for the most efficient way to do it

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes I have using a subform as the menu, but I don't think I can upload a database demo here.

Send me an email at  peter dot hibbs @ btinternet dot com and I can send you a demo database.

Peter Hibbs.

• Marked as answer by JHarding08 Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes I have using a subform as the menu, but I don't think I can upload a database demo here.

Send me an email at  peter dot hibbs @ btinternet dot com and I can send you a demo database.

Peter Hibbs.

• Marked as answer by JHarding08 Wednesday, October 23, 2019 9:39 PM
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 5:39 PM
  • Sent. Thank you
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 6:10 PM
  • Has anyone built a dynamic expanding and collapsing "accordion" menu in Access?

Hi JHarding08,

Yes, in all formats and colors: almost "a million and one"

In fact, all forms in the applications (except 2 continuous forms) are dynamic forms, based on one main form and one subform. They are tuned by pieces of generalized code.

One example is the next one. It is not exactly an accordion menu, because the expansion goes to the two columns at right, but a true accordion would not be a problem.

By clicking on a control in column "Code" empties columns CodeA and CodeAA, and fills column CodeA with the expanded values.

By clicking on a control in column "CodeA" empties column CodeAA, and fills column CodeAA with the expanded values.

The general routines to generate these dynamical forms are collected in a library database, that is shared by all applications. This library database also contains many modules to make "general" forms that are available in all applications.

But now the drawback: I can not supply you a simple database or module that you can add in into your application. But if you are interested (and like programming) then we can continue discussing this kind of systematics. It is really amazing!

Imb.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 9:23 PM