none
outlook addin scanning HTMLbody RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem at scanning the HTMLbody of incoming mails.

The hidden HTMLbody information I need is automatically removed from the mail when I try to look its source code. What setting is responsable for this behaviour?

• Moved by Youen Zen Monday, May 20, 2013 5:11 AM From VB forum
    Friday, May 17, 2013 7:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Marcus,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Could you please share your project which can reproduce your scenario? It might be very helpful for troubleshooting.

You can upload it to SkyDrive make it accessible and then share the link.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 20, 2013 5:32 AM
  • sorry,

the information is to confidential to put on stores externally.

Is there somewhere a setting preventing  that html comment would be lost when forwarding the mail?

kr

Marcus1009

Monday, May 27, 2013 11:14 AM
  • try to reproeduce error using non confidential information or at least describe what non standard things (attributes, elements, html comments, etc.) do you put in body and it disappears. 
    Monday, May 27, 2013 12:27 PM
  • - on a server we wrote the HTML mail send to ourselves

- mail was received correctly

- when mail was forwarded to ourselves or somebody else we lost these HTML information we use as identification information further on.

- this event occured with and without installed add-ins.

==> how can we prevent that the HTML comments will be lost at forward/reply of the correctly received mail?

<?php

$to1='my.logon@company.com';
    $subject='***mysubject - test html comments lost';
    $message='<html><body><!--myobjectid="N99999FFRRRDDDDEEE5678"--><!--myagentid="999900111"--><!--mychoice="3"--><!--mybutton1="1"--><!--mybutton1label="J&rsquo;ai parl&eacute; de l&rsquo;offre au client"--></body></html>';
    $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0" . "\r\n";
    $headers .= "Content-type:text/html;charset=UTF-8" . "\r\n";

mail($to1,$subject,$message,$headers);
    echo 'test';

?>

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:33 AM
  • try to put them as custom attributes on some element and not in comment elements. Let us know if it works.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 12:54 PM
  • I can not ask a change in the source system. I've just to change the add-in towards outlook 2010.
    Monday, June 3, 2013 9:02 AM