none
Macro or Formula for check data

Question

• Hello , i need put in validation data a formula or vba a code for check the next :

In the sheet (“Codes”) put the code for example in column A “asdf” and in the column B put the 125

In the second sheet (“Length”) put next values below:

· 
    Codes
    Length
    asdf 100
    asdf 25
    asdf 25

I need check that values in sheet “Length” is greater than 0 and less than or equal to the total length for that code defined in sheet “Codes”

thank you , im newbie 
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:05 PM

Answers

• Welcome to the forum.

You may rephrase your question if my assumption below is not correct.

If you are trying to validate the entries in column B on Length Sheet to make sure that for the code entered in column A, length is greater than 0 and less than or equal to the length entered for that code on Sheet Codes, please make a validation rule for column B on Length Sheet using the formula given below...

=AND(B2>0,B2<=INDEX(Codes!$B:$B,MATCH($A2,Codes!$A:$A,0)))

The above formula assumes that the entries in column B on Length Sheet starts from Row2.

Subodh Tiwari (Neeraj) sktneer

• Marked as answer by LoganTRK Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:58 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:30 PM

All replies

• Welcome to the forum.

You may rephrase your question if my assumption below is not correct.

If you are trying to validate the entries in column B on Length Sheet to make sure that for the code entered in column A, length is greater than 0 and less than or equal to the length entered for that code on Sheet Codes, please make a validation rule for column B on Length Sheet using the formula given below...

=AND(B2>0,B2<=INDEX(Codes!$B:$B,MATCH($A2,Codes!$A:$A,0)))

The above formula assumes that the entries in column B on Length Sheet starts from Row2.

• Marked as answer by LoganTRK Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:58 PM
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:30 PM
  • Thank you so much!!! Its work :) 
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:59 PM
  • You're welcome! Glad it worked as desired.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thursday, January 31, 2019 4:43 PM