none
SharePoint Keyword search for Multiline Text RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In SharePoint Online we have a photo library, which contains the "Keywords"[MultipleLine Text] entry, but in SharePoint search when we try to search the image with "Keywords" it is not giving the output but while searching it with title and name it is working fine, is it because it is a MultipleLine Text?, do i need to convert this to singleline text field.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 2:31 AM

All replies

• Hi

Here is a good thread on multipleline text field cannot be searched thread which I think can help you.

https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/103239/find-an-item-search-multiline-text

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 3:05 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Thanks for the information, I go through the thread earlier in which some how not a full proof discussion, do we have any Microsoft article which explains the limitation and confirms that "Keyword" search will not work for Multiline text, because somehow we are getting mixed results in different articles and thread.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 4:31 AM
  • Hi Justin,

If we change the Multiline text of a photo document library to a singleline of text is there any impact for the same.

because as per Microsoft search will only work on the singleline of text.

Thanks

Roopak Sahoo

Sunday, February 10, 2019 12:46 PM
  • Hi

Do you ask whether there will be any impact if you change the field type from multiline to singleline?

I remember the field cannot be changed by type once it is created, you may need to create a new field.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Monday, February 11, 2019 6:10 AM