none
Why 'Save as template' on the ribbon in the SharePoint Designer 2010 is disabled? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to provisioning resuable workflow in SharePoint server 2010. I have an Infopath 2010 form and it's published to a sharepoint list (use SharePoint server 2010). Open SPD 2010, select workflow tab, right click on the workflow Approval sharepoint 2010 and copy it. After that, It is published to global reuable workflow. Everything OK but on the Ribbon 'Save as template' is disbaled. I cannot export it to use in Visual studio. Anyone know why it happend? Please help me.

Thank you very much!

Nguyen
    Monday, January 10, 2011 12:18 PM

Answers

All replies

• It has to be a Reusable workflow, not globally reusable.
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    • Marked as answer by nguyenbinhking Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:27 AM
    Monday, January 10, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Yeah, you're right. It has done Ok when I use a Reuseable Workflow without being Globally Reuseable workflow. I saved it as a template and exported it to WSP file OK. But when I use the 'Import Reuseable Workflow' template of VS2010 to create project, browse the template that it's exported before, next to some steps, in the 'Select items to import' I didn't see any item to select to converte it. Why is it? Could you please take a minute to help me know why it is?

Thank you very much!

Nguyen
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 2:46 AM
  • I do not work with code and don't use Visual Studio, so I can't help there.  I suggest asking in a new thread in the programming forum (VS2010 forum).

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, January 11, 2011 3:01 AM