none
How to retrieve unchecked default remind value in exchange web service RRS feed

• Question

• I can get the default remind minutes value from user configuration dictionary property ('piRemindDefault'). How do I get the value from EWS if I uncheck the Default reminder checkbox in outlook calendar option. Thanks.

The 'piRemindDefault' properity always return value even I unchecked the 'Default Reminders:' checkbox in calendar option.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 6:17 PM

All replies

• The piRemindDefault is just the default reminder period (which is 15 minutes by default) so even when you untick reminders its not going to change the value. You looking at the Calendar Config object to get the reminders option you need to look at the OWA.UserOptions config object in the root of Mailbox eg

FolderId RootFolderi = new FolderId(WellKnownFolderName.Root, "user@domain.com");
                UserConfiguration usConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "OWA.UserOptions", RootFolderi, UserConfigurationProperties.All);
                if (usConfig.Dictionary.ContainsKey("enablereminders"))
                {
                    Console.WriteLine(usConfig.Dictionary["enablereminders"]);
                }
    Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, February 5, 2015 1:16 AM
  • Hi Glen,

I tried running your example code with a mailbox in Office 365 but the enablereminders property does not appear in the dictionary.  If the enablereminders property was moved do you know where I can find it now?

Thanks,
    Greg

Monday, October 14, 2019 8:30 PM
  • No it hasn't moved, a lot of these configuration properties only get set when they are modified the first time so the absence of the property can be considered the default. Try making a Change in OWA and it should then appear. 

Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:45 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Thank you for the tip. I toggled the checkbox and the enabledreminders property then appeared in the User Configuration Dictionary retrieved via EWS. Unfortunately, it looks like the checkbox option that I'm looking for is a different option than the enabledreminders property.

The checkbox that the enabledreminders property seems to correspond to is the "Notify me when I receive a reminder" option under General -> Notifications found in Office 365 Outlook Web Access or the "Show reminder alerts" under Options -> Calendar -> Notifications -> Reminders found in Exchange 2019 Outlook Web Access.

The checkbox that I'm looking for is the "Default Reminders" checkbox found in the Outlook desktop client under File -> Options -> Calendar -> "Default reminders" which seems to be a different property.

Thanks,
    Greg
    Tuesday, October 22, 2019 2:07 PM
  • That is the piRemindDefault which is in the Calendar Config object eg

FolderId CalendarFolderId = new FolderId(WellKnownFolderName.Calendar, "user@domain.com");
    UserConfiguration usConfig = UserConfiguration.Bind(service, "Calendar", CalendarFolderId, UserConfigurationProperties.All);
    if (usConfig.Dictionary.ContainsKey("piRemindDefault"))
    {
    	Console.WriteLine(usConfig.Dictionary["piRemindDefault"]);
    }
    Cheers
    Glen

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11:28 PM
  • Hi Glen,

Thanks for the quick reply.  The sample code for fetching the piRemindDefault does work for me for fetching the number of reminder minutes.  Unfortunately, I can't find anything to indicate if the checkbox next to the reminder minutes edit box is checked or unchecked.  If you uncheck the  default reminders checkbox and run the sample code, it still shows the reminder minutes that appears in the grayed out disabled edit box.  Do you know if there is anyway to tell whether the checkbox next to the reminder minutes is checked or unchecked in the desktop Outlook Calendar options?  

Thanks!
    Greg

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 12:09 AM