none
Import the data from external data sources into Azure Blob storage RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can some one please guide me how to import or get the data from other external data sources into Azure blob storage.

Thanks

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Rajesh,

Data can be uploaded it to an Azure blob using the Azure Storage Explorer tool.

Check below article for more reference:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/uk_faculty_connection/2017/07/20/using-external-data-with-azure-jupyter-notebooks/

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 1:51 PM
  • Hi, Rajesh,

The Azure Storage Explorer tool is indeed an option. However, it is strongly recommended to choose a data transfer solution based on your:

• Data size - Size of the data intended for transfer,
    • Transfer frequency - One-time or periodic data ingestion, and
    • Network – Bandwidth available for data transfer in your environment.

There will be a bunch of available approaches for you to have the best experience.  Offline transfer using shippable devices and Network Transfer are both supported. For more information, please check this official doc

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Hi, Rajesh,

After a few days, Is there any update about your task? 

Best Regards

Jerry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:47 AM
  • I am looking for to get the data from external bases to Blob storage by using any REST end points.

Is it possible?

Monday, August 19, 2019 10:57 AM
  • Hi Rajesh

I don't think you will get a very detailed answer, since you are not showing any trial you have done and it looks like you need an answer from scratch. What I will do is to mention some of the approaches you can use to achieve your goal and I will provide some links for each approach to get more information on it.

Here you can connect any Source using third party component. Also you can Read and Write data.

I don't think there is a need to use the any script if you decide to go with SSIS since is not integrated and it may requires additional work to do.

In SSIS there is no specific component for connect Azure Blob except using third party component. There are a wide variety of third party component in the Visual Studio marketplace that you can refer to. As Example ZappySys has provided many component such as:

1. SSIS Azure Blob Source(JSON/XML or CSV File Formate). 
    Read Data From:
    -Regular File
    -Compression File 

2. SSIS Azure Blob CSV Destination.
    Write Data

And they published some guide on how to use these components: Related Azure Blob

Connection Of Azure Blob

Online Help for : Azure Blob Destination, Azure Blob Source

Regards,
    JS

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact me.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 12:02 PM