none
people picker stops working with infopath RRS feed

• Question

• We use SharePoint online and infoPath 2013. In my form for a SP list, the people picker works fine: typing one letter bring up names to choose from. However when one enters 'customize form with infoPath':

1.- in Preview mode, the picker doesn't work

2 - creating a new, blank, view and publishing the form kills the picker in the main view. There is still a connection (if you type in a full correct name it will verify) but no suggestions pop up. The border goes red and protests.

3 - in List Settings 'Go back to default form' does restore the default form which then works.

Right now I cannot use infopath at all.

Thanks

Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi GreenCapitalist,

Change Postback settings in the list in Infopath.

You can see 3 options: Always, Never and Only when necessary for correct rendering of the form.

Chang it to Always.

If the issue exists, check the workaround below to show InfoPath commands in Ribbon or toolbar:

https://www.spjeff.com/2014/04/22/bug-infopath-2013-people-picker-browse-button-doesnt-work-on-infopath-form/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 30, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Changing postback for this type of control is Administrator Only. The other workaround looks like it would not give what I want (popups on hover). I think the people selection capability I have will fly, it just requires clicking outside the box and then on the name.
    However I want to create a formatting rule, so that field is red when blank. InfoPath won't let me. I have done it with outer fields, but the PeoplePicker won't do it.
    Any work around for a formatting rule?
    Thanks
    Friday, August 30, 2019 3:48 PM
  • Hi GreenCapitalist,

SharePoint will no longer support InfoPath in 2026

So I suggest you use powerapp.

You can create a custom form using PowerApps.

You can refer to the following article how to create it:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/blogs/create-custom-people-picker-control-in-powerapps

https://prairiedeveloper.com/2018/07/setting-sharepoint-people-picker-field-programmatically-powerapps/

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 2, 2019 9:34 AM
  • Hi ,

I'm still paying attention to this issue.

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, September 5, 2019 8:26 AM
  • Hi ,

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:51 AM