none
Site Logo Not Changing on Web Part Pages

Question

• I've run into a weird issue while trying to brand my company's SharePoint site. The custom site logo shows up on all pages except for Web Part Pages. When I navigate to a Web Part Page, my logo appears for a split second, then switches to the default SharePoint image.

Originally I made the change in the Site Settings under "Look and Feel". All pages changed except for Web Part Pages.

So I modified my custom master page and changed the url to my new image. Once again, all pages except for Web Part Pages showed my new logo. All other changes I made to the site appear (and stay), like the site colors and font sizes. I have even moved the search bar to a different location, and that shows correctly on Web Part Pages.

If I create a "(Welcome Page) Web Part Page", then my logo does show. But we have to have dozen of Web Part Pages and we don't want all of them to be the Welcome Page format.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 5:06 PM

Answers

• Hi, Shadowgate100

I tested and reproduced your issue in my local machine.

Since the Web Part Pages would override the content in PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea place holder, the site logo would not change automatically.

So would you please try remove or comment the following control TitleBarWebPart:

<!--<WebPartPages:TitleBarWebPart runat="server" AllowEdit="True" AllowConnect="True" ConnectionID="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" Title="Web Part Page Title Bar" IsIncluded="True" Dir="Default" IsVisible="True" AllowMinimize="False" ExportControlledProperties="True" ZoneID="TitleBar" ID="g_268b26f0_7a9f_42e8_89f0_677e334081c4" HeaderTitle="Untitled_1" AllowClose="False" FrameState="Normal" ExportMode="All" AllowRemove="False" AllowHide="True" SuppressWebPartChrome="False" DetailLink="" ChromeType="None" HelpLink="" MissingAssembly="Cannot import this Web Part." PartImageSmall="" HelpMode="Modeless" FrameType="None" AllowZoneChange="True" PartOrder="2" Description="" PartImageLarge="" IsIncludedFilter="" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{268B26F0-7A9F-42E8-89F0-677E334081C4}" WebPart="true" Height="" Width=""></WebPartPages:TitleBarWebPart>

-->

See the similar scenario and solution:

http://emanonsolutions.blogspot.com/2010/02/left-navigation-webpart-pages.html

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Aaron

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 26, 2010 1:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:13 AM

All replies

• Hi, Shadowgate100

I tested and reproduced your issue in my local machine.

Since the Web Part Pages would override the content in PlaceHolderPageTitleInTitleArea place holder, the site logo would not change automatically.

So would you please try remove or comment the following control TitleBarWebPart:

<!--<WebPartPages:TitleBarWebPart runat="server" AllowEdit="True" AllowConnect="True" ConnectionID="00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000" Title="Web Part Page Title Bar" IsIncluded="True" Dir="Default" IsVisible="True" AllowMinimize="False" ExportControlledProperties="True" ZoneID="TitleBar" ID="g_268b26f0_7a9f_42e8_89f0_677e334081c4" HeaderTitle="Untitled_1" AllowClose="False" FrameState="Normal" ExportMode="All" AllowRemove="False" AllowHide="True" SuppressWebPartChrome="False" DetailLink="" ChromeType="None" HelpLink="" MissingAssembly="Cannot import this Web Part." PartImageSmall="" HelpMode="Modeless" FrameType="None" AllowZoneChange="True" PartOrder="2" Description="" PartImageLarge="" IsIncludedFilter="" __MarkupType="vsattributemarkup" __WebPartId="{268B26F0-7A9F-42E8-89F0-677E334081C4}" WebPart="true" Height="" Width=""></WebPartPages:TitleBarWebPart>

-->

See the similar scenario and solution:

http://emanonsolutions.blogspot.com/2010/02/left-navigation-webpart-pages.html

Hope this can help.

Best Regards,

Aaron

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Monday, July 26, 2010 1:32 AM
    Wednesday, July 21, 2010 10:13 AM
  • You change the image on Web Part pages by editing the page and clicking "Title Bar Properties" on the Page tab. Once the properties bar loads on the right, add the URL to your site logo under Image Link. I understand this is an unfortunate extra manual step, but at least it will get the desired logo on the page.
    Adam Preston - MCTS | Blog: http://sptwentyten.wordpress.com | Twitter: @_apreston
    • Proposed as answer by Nik Patel Tuesday, August 03, 2010 1:17 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 4:17 PM
  • Hi Shadowgate,

I'm a bit late in answering :) I just had the same problem and solved it by changing the master page, more specifically the LogoImage node name in the line :

<SharePoint:SiteLogoImage name="onetidHeadbnnr0

So that the TItleBarWebPart can't change the logo.

I posted about this problem at : http://blog.jonathanroussel.com/2011/01/custom-site-logo-not-appearing-on.html

Hope this can help others,

Jonathan

Sunday, January 23, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Jonathan,

Thanks for posting that.  Your solution takes about 2 minutes to apply, and looks like it works great!

Monday, December 12, 2011 6:25 PM
  • Thanks a lot!!! This worked. I have been trying to solve this issue for the past 7 days, now it worked.

Thanks a lot once again

Wednesday, October 16, 2013 6:58 AM