none
Removing an SPClaimTypeEncoding RRS feed

• Question

• I researched the Powershell cmdlets:

Get-SPClaimTypeEncoding and New-SPClaimTypeEncoding. Now given that a new claim type encoding has been created in the SharePoint environment, how do we remove or update it?

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:05 PM

Answers

• if you are looking for something like Remove-SPClaimTypeEncoding, then i guess it does not exist

So can you tell me, is this causing any issue if you don't remove the existing Encoding?

• Edited by Ram Pawar Friday, March 15, 2013 1:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by pranavkothare Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:06 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:12 AM

All replies

• you have to call  Remove-SPClaimMapping to do this

Remove-SPClaimMapping "Email" | Get-SPIdentityProvider "LiveIDSTS"

• Edited by Ram Pawar Monday, March 11, 2013 11:52 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 10:53 PM
  • But this removes the mapping, for the identity provider. How do I removed the encoding only, if there is no Identity provider associated with it?
    Friday, March 15, 2013 1:52 AM
  • if you are looking for something like Remove-SPClaimTypeEncoding, then i guess it does not exist

So can you tell me, is this causing any issue if you don't remove the existing Encoding?

• Edited by Ram Pawar Friday, March 15, 2013 1:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by pranavkothare Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:06 AM
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:12 AM
  • Its not causing an issue inherently, but I was wondering if a claim encoding was added manually without a trusted provider, it could be removed manually too. Now that I know, I will be more wary of it. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 12:06 AM
  • Hello

Here I am on the same kind of issue, more than 2 years later.... anyway I got an issue !

If I registered a custom claim type encoding on 2 farms, and because I was a bit tired and bug are often between the seat and the keyboard, I did a mistake on the value for the encoding character on one of the farm.

Thus the same encoding type use 2 different encoding char on the 2 farms....

How to fix the encoding char without recreating from scratch one of the farm ? :(

Blog Sharepoint : www.paslatek.net Twitter : @LimozinLionel

Tuesday, July 7, 2015 3:13 PM