MAPI SyncError (2147500037) RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with an existing application which is retrieves a Active Directory users Outlook Contact address book from Exchange and allows the user to send an e-mail to that user from their e-mail account.
    It uses **MAPI33.DLL** version 5.5.2709.24765

I am running Exchange Server 2010 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP2 x64. I have Office Pro Plus 2010 installed now also.

I do not have [MAPI & CDO] installed because it is incompatible with Outlook.

Currently the below snippet always returns a SyncError which is code 2147500037.

Error hr;
        MAPIINIT init = new MAPIINIT();
                        init.Flag = MAPIINIT.FLAGS.NoCoInit | MAPIINIT.FLAGS.NTService;
                        hr = MAPI33.MAPI.Initialize(init);
                        if (hr != Error.Success)
                        {
                            return false;
                        }

I've been scouring the internet for information but the results have been very sparse, the creators of MAPI33 website is not even up now.

Searching for the actual error code gave me some results for the MAPI error appearing when using Outlook, the suggested fix for this was setting Outlook to the [default mail client] and IE to [default browser]. Currently Outlook has all it's defaults on my dev machine, as does Internet Explorer.

I did find several articles explaining [why MAPI is kinda terrible] and how it's [not supported by Microsoft] but nothing I can tie into the error message I am receiving.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
    • Edited by Alexabix Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:58 PM Messed up links
    Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexabix,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I'll consult my colleague on your issue. You'll be informed if there's any update.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, March 18, 2013 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

The error you are seeing is MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED (0n2147500037 / 0x80004005) not a 'sync error'.  Since MAPI33 is not supported by these forums I would suggest that you try to reproduce the error without MAPI33 involved.  However, as you pointed out Extended MAPI is not supported for use with .NET.

You may have better luck on the MAPI Developer's forum.

http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/Archives/mapi-l.html

Dave

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members.
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:57 PM