none
Project sites & Task assignment RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so we have already seen in our organisation the great ability for Project Schedule tasks to be preopulated in your timesheets, and have the hours there ready to be confirmed.

We are using Project Sites as well however to track issues/risks/deliverables and additional tasks. Is there a way to have the tasks from these sub-sites forwarded to a persons task like on PWA, and also have the prepopulation in their timesheet?
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 7:35 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Unfortunately no, it's not possible to get the individual risks / issues and deliverable items in the workspaces to show up as line items in the timesheet.

The only option I can think of is creating new tasks in the schedule representing the individual risks, issues and deliverables and use the link functionality to link them to the underlying WSS item they will turn up them.

As for additional tasks in a task list on the site, I am not even sure the linking approach above will work.

Hope this helps/

Alex

Alex Burton www.epmsource.com
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Unfortunately no, it's not possible to get the individual risks / issues and deliverable items in the workspaces to show up as line items in the timesheet.

The only option I can think of is creating new tasks in the schedule representing the individual risks, issues and deliverables and use the link functionality to link them to the underlying WSS item they will turn up them.

As for additional tasks in a task list on the site, I am not even sure the linking approach above will work.

Hope this helps/

Alex

Alex Burton www.epmsource.com
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 8:27 AM
  • Hello markshaw00

I agree with Alex on the timesheet.  However with the risk and issues, you can setup an alert then new issues are create or when risk or issues have been updated. 

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, March 18, 2010 3:15 PM
  • in addition to the points above, you could create a timesheet custom field in 2010 and automatically prepopulate it with a link to its associated issues and risks if there are any.

Friday, March 19, 2010 1:20 AM
  • Thanks for the help Alex, I'll work something out then to get the subsite tasks into our timesheets (This might be something to think of for any future versions, as the same task correlation issue is present in VSTFS)
    Friday, March 19, 2010 3:13 AM