none
Why Does My MS Access 2013 Freezes When Running Query? RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I am trying to add and run new queries in my Access database, it is taking way more longer to response. Also, I recently upgraded my Access database. All I have to do right now is to close the query design and open it again and repeat this process over again. No idea why my MS Access hangs on query. Any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 12:06 PM

All replies

• Whenever I am trying to add and run new queries in my Access database, it is taking way more longer to response. Also, I recently upgraded my Access database. All I have to do right now is to close the query design and open it again and repeat this process over again. No idea why my MS Access hangs on query. Any suggestions how to resolve this problem?

Hi,

This forum focuses on general discussion for Outlook client. Your issue is related to Access database.

To get more suggestion, I would move the thread to Access forum for more help. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hi BruceA10,

I don't understand your story well. Does the problem occur with every query you make or with a specific query? If so, please indicate what that query does. The easiest way is to copy the SQL statement and paste it here. In this way we can better analyze what happens and where it goes wrong.

Thursday, June 28, 2018 11:36 PM
  • Hello BruceA10,

Does your Access corrupt? Could you reproduce the issue on another PC with Access 2013? Have you tried to repair Office? 

What's size of the database? Have you tried to compact the database? 

Is it related to specific database? If you create a new database for testing, could you reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 29, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

My Access did not hang before with every query but now it has started freezing and stops responding with every query that I'm making.

Friday, June 29, 2018 11:05 AM
  • Hello BruceA10,

Does your Access corrupt? Could you reproduce the issue on another PC with Access 2013? Have you tried to repair Office? 

What's size of the database? Have you tried to compact the database? 

Is it related to specific database? If you create a new database for testing, could you reproduce the issue?

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Hi Terry,

So far I have tried to reproduce this issue on another PC and it didn't worked there as well. I believe there is some kind of corruption in my database and have tried "compact & repair" as well but no relief yet.

Friday, June 29, 2018 11:24 AM
  • Hi

One way to get rid of mysterious errors is to create a new blank database and then import everything (Forms, Queries, Tables, Macros and Modules) from the old corrupt database.

I have done that several times with good results.

Cheers // Peter Forss Stockholm

Friday, June 29, 2018 12:59 PM
  • I agree with Peters advice. Good tip Peter. 
    Friday, June 29, 2018 1:03 PM