none
EWS pull subscription issue with long gap ( every week) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing an issue with EWS pull subscription when I have try to call GetEvents after a one week of time, Getevents returns no mails in the first call even after try the multiple time only I can get all the mails in that week.

Thanks,

Chris

Wednesday, August 27, 2014 5:51 PM

All replies

• If you check the Server response are you getting an error or warning in the response ? How many Items are in the folder ? The maximum timeout for Pull subscription is 1440 minutes so if you not updating it in that timeframe and resubscripting with the older watermark your going to force the server to do a liner scan of the folder see the recovering from lost subscriptions in http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn458788(v=exchg.150).aspx . The more items in the folder the worse the cost of this would be.

Cheers
    Glen

Thursday, August 28, 2014 4:20 AM
  • Hi Glen,

Thanks for quick reply.

Exactly, every time I am trying to resubscribing with old Watermark maybe this is a expensive call but I think, I don't have any alternative. Is there any way to make it work seamlessly with Pull subscription instead of using PR_LOCAL_COMMIT_TIME_MAX (0x670a0040) and PR_DELETED_COUNT_TOTAL (0x670b0003) extended properties.I am facing same issue with less items like 2 to 3 mails.

Thanks,

Chris

Thursday, August 28, 2014 7:07 AM
  • If the folder only has 2 or 3 items in it then you shouldn't really be having any issues what version of Exchange, Service Pack, Rollup is this happening with. Have you got a development environment ? can you reproduce this issue here ?. Are you running a lot of these requests in a large batch ? maybe throttling is an issue.

One alternative maybe SyncFolderItems http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/aa563967(v=exchg.150).aspx although this is not a complete analogue for Pull notifications. 

cheers
    Glen

Friday, August 29, 2014 7:14 AM