SharePoint CreatePage.aspx page not redirect when new page created in pages library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am facing a problem while adding new page to pages library in production. when I create a new page from CreatePage.aspx page in library, it did not redirect to newly created page but still show create.aspx page. Although new page is added to library. I found following errors in ULS log viewer. 

1. UserAgent not available,file operations may not be optimized.at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileStreamManager.CreateCobaltStreamContainer SPFileStreamStorespfs, ILockBytes ilb, Boolean copyOnFirstWrite, Boolean disposeIlb)
    2. UserAgent not available, file operations may not be optimized.
      At Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileStreamManager.get_UserAgent()
      at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFileStreamManager.CreateOutputLockBytes(Int64 cbContentHint)
    3. No zip central directory found
    4. Failed to get document content data. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): Cannot complete this function
    5. Failure when fetching document. 0x80070012.

Please give me direction to solve it.  Thanks in advance.

Monday, March 2, 2015 3:47 PM

Answers

• This is verified fixed in the May 2015 CU.

Trevor Seward

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Friday, May 15, 2015 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am facing the same problem.

Atif, did you installed the last CUs ?

• Edited by _johnz_ Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:15 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:14 AM
  • Hi,

From your description, my understanding is that you cannot redirect to the new page stay in CreatePage.aspx when you create a new page in document library.

As the new page has been created, you could check if you have some JS error after click button “Create” by pressing “F12” to open developer tool.

In addition, you could try these points below:
    1.  Test your issue in another version of IE or another browser.
    2. Test your issue page in another computer.

3. Create a new page library and test your issue.

Best Regards

Vincent Han
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Hi,

The query string parameter "Source" have a valid Url. This is the URL that the createPage.aspx should redirect after the page is created.

This happens in all browsers or in another IE version. No Javascript errors.

I think that this issue started after I installed the February 2015 CU.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 11:21 AM
  • Hi,

We have install KB2910928, K2920760, KB2956086, KB2920763, KB2880996, KB2920780, KB2760302, KB2899511, KB2920730, and then we have the problem.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:55 AM
  • Hi johnz ,

Thanks for your response.

we install share point Feb 2015 updates.  did Microsoft provide patch for it? did you find any solution?

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 8:00 AM
  • Hi,

There is no doubt that the February 2015 CU caused this issue.

I dont have any solution, waiting for a reply from someone from Microsoft.

We need a hotfix or a solution for this behavior.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 9:52 AM
  • Hi,

try to install Last CU, i think APRIL and come back to me

Thanks 

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 10:01 AM
  • Hi Ismaiel,

I dont understand when you say "Last CU from April??!?"

Last CU is from february.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn789211(v=office.14).aspx

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 10:08 AM
  • I have many power users complaining about this issue....

Can anyone from Microsoft say something ?!?!

Thursday, March 5, 2015 11:20 AM
  • Hi all,

You all write about that it was after the install Updates for SharePoint 2013 February 2015 we still have the problem but have NOT installed sharepoint updates for February only the windows updates in which had some SharePoint updates included.

Monday, March 9, 2015 9:41 AM
  • Good morning Atif. Did you ever find a solution for this? I just tried installing CU for February 2015 and issue is still there. Thank you
    Wednesday, March 11, 2015 12:48 PM
  • We still have this issue in our farm.... and now my client is saying "SharePoint is so bad....".

Please, someone from MS, advise what to do!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

I am facing the same problem.

We have a case open with Microsoft.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 3:41 PM
  • Hi,

We got this response from Microsoft:

Resolution - It appears that you have been affected by a regression introduced in Feb 2015 CU. This issue is known and the SharePoint product group is working on a fix for it. That will most probably be scheduled for March or April CU but at the moment I don’t have more precise information on this. The issue does not affect the creation of the page but only the redirection from the creation page. In this case I can only suggest you to leave it as it is for the time being till the cumulative update containing a fix for this is being released.

Best regards
    /Tobias

• Edited by ITrules Friday, March 13, 2015 12:50 PM
    • Proposed as answer by _johnz_ Friday, March 13, 2015 2:36 PM
    Friday, March 13, 2015 12:47 PM
  • Finally, someone receive a response from Microsoft.

Thank you very much ITrules!!!

Friday, March 13, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Hi all,

Just installed the March Cumulative Update ( http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2956166 ) but the issue with the Create Page still there :(

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 3:31 PM
  • I was able to create a page on a Publishing Site in the Pages Library by going to New Document -> Page, naming the Page, and I was redirected to the home page of the site.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 1:36 PM
  • Hi,

I'm also facing this issue. As I saw some of you saying that the CU from 10th of march didn't work as well, so I decided to try out another approach to go around this problem until Microsoft fix it.

I've added a custom action to the site actions (little engine on right side) containing the dialog page that, in my case, is redirecting correctly to the new page after creating it. 

That's the code for the custom action:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Elements xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/">
      <CustomAction
      Id="CreateNews"
      GroupId="SiteActions"
      Location="Microsoft.SharePoint.StandardMenu"
      Sequence="2000"
      Title="Criar Nova Notícia"
      Description="Criar uma nova notícia"
      Rights="AddAndCustomizePages">
        <UrlAction Url="~site/_layouts/15/CreatePublishingPageDialog.aspx"/>
      </CustomAction>
    </Elements>
    I've also set to show only when the user has the AddAndCustomizePages Rights.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 9:49 PM
  • Is there anyone who has heard anything new or have links to any official statement from Microsoft about this?

Regards

//Joakim

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Hello Joakim,

"this issue is currently scheduled for May CU but without guarantee", as mentioned by Stefan Goßner.

Regards!

Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:57 AM
  • This is verified fixed in the May 2015 CU.

Trevor Seward

• Marked as answer by Dennis Guo Friday, May 15, 2015 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, May 12, 2015 10:03 PM
  • Just RIDICULOUS how this thing took so long to get fixed!!

And ridiculous as well the silence from MS in this thread!!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Do we know if there is a hotfix associated with this issue?
    Wednesday, June 24, 2015 10:52 PM
  • We installed the latest Windows and SharePoint updates on 6/26/2015 and it resolved this issue. However, a new bug is introduced. See the following and weigh in if you're experiencing the same issue of %20 instead of dashes when creating a new page after installing the latest patches.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/7b4a6ad9-174a-40c0-b12b-7d487022b417/createpageaspx-behavior-change?forum=sharepointadmin

Thursday, July 2, 2015 10:13 PM
  • Is this issue resolved? I am facing this issue in Sharepoint 2013 and below answers are helpful to understand whether the issue is resolved or not.

Virendra Jain

Friday, January 15, 2016 12:04 AM