none
Is it possible to use YesNo type search managed property as refiner RRS feed

• Question

• I created managed property in sharepoint 2010 search express, type YesNo, and mapped to a SharePoint YesNo field crawled property.

And I add the following xml in to refiner web part in order to show it as refiner,

<Category Title="AppearInWeChatSearch" Description="AppearInWeChatSearch" Type="Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.WebControls.ManagedPropertyFilterGenerator" MetadataThreshold="1" NumberOfFiltersToDisplay="4" MaxNumberOfFilters="5" SortBy="Frequency" SortDirection="Descending" ShowMoreLink="False" MappedProperty="AppearInWeChatSearch"/>
    as described in https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/spnext/2010/08/09/customising-sharepoint-2010-search-refiners/

but I get the following error message "Property doesn't exist or is used in a manner inconsistent with schema settings." 

Sunday, May 12, 2019 8:31 AM

Answers

• It works now.

I found that the managed property name in search refiner web part xml was not the same as that in search service application managed property.

I renamed the managed property in search service application and recrawled, but still not work. 

So, I deleted the managed property, and created it again and recrawled several times. Now, the search refiner works. 

I don't know what was wrong before, but YesNo type of managed property can be used as search refiner.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:56 PM

All replies

• It works now.

I found that the managed property name in search refiner web part xml was not the same as that in search service application managed property.

I renamed the managed property in search service application and recrawled, but still not work. 

So, I deleted the managed property, and created it again and recrawled several times. Now, the search refiner works. 

I don't know what was wrong before, but YesNo type of managed property can be used as search refiner.

Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:56 PM
  • Hi GuYuming,

Congratulations, you found a solution to the problem.

You can mark your own reply. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 13, 2019 2:42 AM