none
SharePoint Online 2013 Workflow - How to read cell from Excel document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Is it possible to get cell value in a Excel document from a SharePoint Online 2013 Workflow?

If it is, how can I do this?

I read about "Excel Services REST API", but this is only for SharePoint On-premise scenario.

Thanks,

Ruben

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 2:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Ruben,

It is correct that Excel Services REST API is available only for SharePoint on-premise environment which supports Excel Services. I’m afraid it is not available to use SharePoint 2013 Workflow to achieve this requirement in Online environment.

You can use Microsoft Flow to read Excel files and integrate with SharePoint lists.

Please refer to the links below for detailed information.

Introducing Microsoft Flow integration in Excel.

Microsoft Flow – Import list data from an Excel spreadsheet into SharePoint lists.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 5:39 AM
  • Hi,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 30, 2019 2:54 AM