none
Unknown product guids - The license state for the current server doesn't match the farm's license state

    Question

  • I'm trying to add a 2nd server to our SharePoint 2013 RTM farm, and getting the error "The license state for the current server doesn't match the farm's license state". From what I gather (from here msdn blog) it is probably 2 missing products that are installed on the 1st server which is already part of the farm.

    Looking in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\15.0\WSS\InstalledProducts, The two guids of products that are missing from the 2nd server are:

    52D457F6-AE45-4221-9BC5-1912A8861C00

    CCD2BE5B-DCB6-4FBE-8087-3E5C82244473

    What products are these two guids related to? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

    I did a search via regedit to find any other occurance of those 2 guids which might clue me in to what they refer to, but I could not find anything. (the guids in the registry match the sharepoint config database using the sql in the link above, so that is fine too)

    The 2nd is something that starts with "Microsoft Foundation" but I'm not sure what it is since I can't find any information on either guid at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj659075.aspx#bk_SP15DetectSKUaddresources or in a general google search.

    I have run the prerequisite installer but it just tells me everything is already installed.

    Both servers have Foundation and Enterprise :

    B7D84C2B-0754-49E4-B7BE-7EE321DCE0A9

    9FF54EBC-8C12-47D7-854F-3865D4BE8118

    The only thing I can think of is, the current (only) server in the farm used to have SP2013 Preview, but the guids don't match, and I had more SQL2013 products on it at one point which were uninstalled. But the guids don't seem to match those either.
    Either that or something went wrong with the Prereq installer, and 2 products were not fully installed.

    If I can figure out which ones they are I can re-install them. But until I know what those guids refer to, I can't do anything about it (beyond re-installing everything)

    edit- I also tried running Set-SPFarmConfig –InstalledProductsRefresh  but it did nothing

    thanks


    edit- msiexec /x{guid} just says it cannot uninstall because the product is not installed :)





    Friday, January 25, 2013 5:13 PM

Answers

  • It looks like the other two "missing" guids refer to something called

    Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 Core

    whatever that is. I can't even find any references to it anywhere.

    Regedit says it was installed from the \global\WSS directory on the install disc. I tried to force it to install by doing an msiexec /fa on the file in that dir, but that did not seem to do anything. And I can't figure out how to uninstall this from the 1st server since it does not appear in the control panel programs.

    I imagine it was because I had SP2013 Preview installed on the original server, then installed RTM over it before uninstalling Preview. Then tried uninstalling them. It could be some weird program left over.

    Unfortunately uninstalling SP2013 on the 1st server won't work, because if I do manage to eliminate those other 2 "installed product" guids, when I rejoin to the farm I'll just get this error again, since the guids are in the config database via Select * from Objects with (nolock) where properties like '%Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPInstallState%'

    So it looks like the "answer" is rebuild the entire farm, or at least, the config db to create a new farm then re-attach all the service databases. Amazing that everything is fine until I tried to join another server to the farm.




    Monday, January 28, 2013 11:43 PM

All replies

  • It looks like the other two "missing" guids refer to something called

    Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 Core

    whatever that is. I can't even find any references to it anywhere.

    Regedit says it was installed from the \global\WSS directory on the install disc. I tried to force it to install by doing an msiexec /fa on the file in that dir, but that did not seem to do anything. And I can't figure out how to uninstall this from the 1st server since it does not appear in the control panel programs.

    I imagine it was because I had SP2013 Preview installed on the original server, then installed RTM over it before uninstalling Preview. Then tried uninstalling them. It could be some weird program left over.

    Unfortunately uninstalling SP2013 on the 1st server won't work, because if I do manage to eliminate those other 2 "installed product" guids, when I rejoin to the farm I'll just get this error again, since the guids are in the config database via Select * from Objects with (nolock) where properties like '%Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPInstallState%'

    So it looks like the "answer" is rebuild the entire farm, or at least, the config db to create a new farm then re-attach all the service databases. Amazing that everything is fine until I tried to join another server to the farm.




    Monday, January 28, 2013 11:43 PM
  • I ran into the same problem here but found an easier way than rebuilding the farm. You were correct in trying to uninstall the older versions however you were trying to use the GUIDs and not the IdentifyingNumber of the product. I posted my steps here: http://stevemannspath.blogspot.com/2013/02/sharepoint-2013-license-state-for.html

    • Proposed as answer by SteveTheManMann Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:49 PM
    Wednesday, February 06, 2013 7:49 PM