none
Approval Workflow does not start automatically RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using "Approval - Sharepoint 2010" workflow. While creating this workflow I have set the checkbox checked for the "Start this workflow when a new item is created." and "Start this workflow when an item is changed."

But still when I add any new document to the document library or do any changes in the existing document, it does not start the workflow automatically.

Please help me, how should I solve this problem?

-Ayaz Shaikh

Monday, September 19, 2011 11:59 AM

Answers

• Yes, in 2010 also - an item created by system account prevents workflows from running. If this is not the case, please provide more info and make sure timer jobs are enabled and have run successfully after you configured the WF.
    AK
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:43 PM

All replies

• are you using system account for initiating the workflow.may be there is a problem in using system account for workflow initiation.I am not sure like wss3.0 if this problem is still there in SharePoint 2010
    Workflow does not start automatically in WSS 3.0 SP1 using System Account

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:21 PM
  • Yes, in 2010 also - an item created by system account prevents workflows from running. If this is not the case, please provide more info and make sure timer jobs are enabled and have run successfully after you configured the WF.
    AK
    Monday, September 19, 2011 2:43 PM
  • Hello,

Yes, it works for user other than System Account. Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question - I want to handle Approve and Reject event of this built in Approval workflow. How can I do this?

Please help me again.

- Ayaz Shaikh

Tuesday, September 20, 2011 4:55 AM
  • Hello,

Yes, it works for user other than System Account. Thanks for your reply.

I have one more question - I want to handle Approve and Reject event of this built in Approval workflow. How can I do this?

Please help me again.

- Ayaz Shaikh

Visit the link Understand approval workflows in SharePoint 2010 .check the section Approving the workflow for approve/reject events

Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 5:51 AM
  • Make a copy of the workflow in SPD and edit the task behavior (edit workflow, click Approval workflow and check under customization).
    AK
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 6:01 AM