none
Sharepoint 2010 site custom search issue. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

we have SharePoint 2010 fast search environment, in custom search results if i am searching word warranty all results is displaying on search results page not exact march of the word, if i am searching other than that warranty exact match results is displaying on search results page could you please help on this how to fix this.

1. site we have 900 items is available in pages library if i am searching warranty word in search text box all 900 items appearing in search results page.

2 if i am searching other than that warranty only exact match word start showing on search results page. like searching text, searchhelp etc..  

Regards,

Bhaskar.

Monday, November 12, 2018 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Merugu Bhaskar,

From your description, you said “in custom search results if I am searching word warranty all results is displaying on search results page not exact march of the word”,  some properties may contain the word warranty.

You can check if the item properties contain the keyword, may be the path or some other hidden properties.

You can provide screenshot of the search results and highlight the results not exactly match the word.

Besides, you can create a search center and search word warranty to see if this issue will still happen.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 10:54 AM
  • Hi Merugu Bhaskar,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 19, 2018 10:07 AM
  • 

Hi Michael Han,

Thanks for your response.

Sorry for the delay.

i have attached the screen shot. in that screen i have searched Warranty word but the results items is 4013 records but in the site we have limited records this is happening only higher environments in lower environments it's working fine.

Regards,

Bhaskar.

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:05 PM
  • Hi Bhaskar,

Sorry for late reply.

What did you mean higher environment and lower environment? Did you mean different farm versions?

Could you please create a search center to see if this issue will still happen?

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, November 26, 2018 9:55 AM