none
Problem in fetching listItem from Form Library into Approval form of SPD 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on sharepoint designer workflows in which I submit new request as infopath form into form library and form data as metadata of form library.On addition of new request,a workflow needs to start manually which passes through three approval levels.

The requirement is that when user raises new request,data submitted into form library must be populated into approval form of SPD 2010,so that approver can look at values and can approve.

Please guide how can I do this ?

• Edited by PriyaPetrofac Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:29 AM wrong publishing of content
    Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:26 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to show current item information on the approval task form. Here are the detailed steps to achieve this:

1. Make sure that the controls on the InfoPath form have been added as columns in the form library and checked ‘Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page ’.
    2. Then create an approval workflow in SharePoint designer. Add the approvers.
    3. Click on Approval(1) to edit task process.
    4. Add some task form fields to hold the form information.
    5. Click on ‘Change the behavior of a single task’.
    6. Add ‘Set Task field’ action in the ‘Before a task is assigned’ section.
    7. Use this action to set the task form field to get the value of current item. Then will store the form information on the approval task form.
    8. Publish the workflow and have a test.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by PriyaPetrofac Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:01 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 8:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that you want to show current item information on the approval task form. Here are the detailed steps to achieve this:

1. Make sure that the controls on the InfoPath form have been added as columns in the form library and checked ‘Allow users to edit data in this field by using a datasheet or properties page ’.
    2. Then create an approval workflow in SharePoint designer. Add the approvers.
    3. Click on Approval(1) to edit task process.
    4. Add some task form fields to hold the form information.
    5. Click on ‘Change the behavior of a single task’.
    6. Add ‘Set Task field’ action in the ‘Before a task is assigned’ section.
    7. Use this action to set the task form field to get the value of current item. Then will store the form information on the approval task form.
    8. Publish the workflow and have a test.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by PriyaPetrofac Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:01 AM
    Monday, April 22, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Thanks Entan :):)
    Tuesday, April 23, 2013 6:01 AM