none
My Blog Master Page RRS feed

• Question

• In My Site Each person has his own blog ie a seperate site is created . I have changed the master page of mysite which is reflected on evry persons profile . I edited the mysite15 master. That is working fine.

But how to edit the master page of my site blog so that the customisations i do on the master page should be reflected on evry blog that is created for each user.I did edit the masterpage seattle but it did not reflect anything.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 7:44 AM

Answers

• Hi Rahul,

The MySite host site collection is common for all users. Hence, your master page changes on the my site host is visible to all. However, blog site is a sub-site created under a user's personal site ( different from mysite host site collection and is unique for every user). So, the master page changes are not visible there as it is a completely separate site collection.

To apply your changes to all the user blogs, use feature stapling to staple your master page to the personal site of all users. Also, make sure the blog subsite uses the masterpage of its parent by pushing the master page and css changes to all sub-sites in the staplee feature code .

Narahari

*******If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful *********

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Rahul,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 10:36 AM
  • Please try feature stapling on new blog created by user. you take the mysite master page and apply it to newly created blog site automatically 

Thanks,

Raghav

Thursday, July 25, 2013 10:48 PM
  • Hi Rahul,

The MySite host site collection is common for all users. Hence, your master page changes on the my site host is visible to all. However, blog site is a sub-site created under a user's personal site ( different from mysite host site collection and is unique for every user). So, the master page changes are not visible there as it is a completely separate site collection.

To apply your changes to all the user blogs, use feature stapling to staple your master page to the personal site of all users. Also, make sure the blog subsite uses the masterpage of its parent by pushing the master page and css changes to all sub-sites in the staplee feature code .

Narahari

*******If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and/or "Vote as Helpful *********

Friday, July 26, 2013 5:50 AM