none
InfoPath The data source referenced in the form template is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

When I try to upload form template that uses “Data Connection”,  I receive the following error any idea “The data source referenced in the form template is not valid or not found”

Any idea ?

Thanks

Momo
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, November 3, 2010 4:56 AM InfoPath (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:44 PM

All replies

• Hello

I have found the solution, .xsf file  was pointing to an old dataconnection not the new one that I created. I opened it in notepad and replaced the olddataconnection name by the new one everything is working fine now, somebody should green up this question up as I have given the answer :)

Smiles

Momo
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 8:47 PM
  • Mohammad has the correct analysis. For a bit more information, check this one ..

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1363037/infopath-cannot-open-form-definition-xsf-contains-errors

Thursday, December 8, 2011 4:32 PM
  • I also faced this issue, tried to edit xsf (saved form in local drive, renamed to cab, and extracted in the folder) but there was no reference to error. Another file UpdateItem.xsl had the reference to the error, I removed that but after that was not sure how to rebuild the form. Tried to zip the folder again, rename to xsn, but didn't work.

Finally, I figured out that one of the "views" in the form still referenced the deleted data connection. So, if the form has multiple views (Edit, Display, etc.) - Check in Page Design tab, first section in Ribbon - cycle through all the views and check that none of the views has reference to deleted data connection.

Kind Regards, Uttam

Technical Artist

Thursday, May 12, 2016 9:59 AM