none
Removing O365 Button From the header of Sharepoint Master Page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have one publishing site in which i want to remove the O365 Button from the header of the Master page (Please refer the screenshot attached).

I am trying to find that o365 button to remove, i searched inside seattle.master, seattle.html, oslo.master, oslo.html and also in v4.master, but couldn't find the  button.

Anyone can u please help in the same.  U could suggest me the way to achieve the same thing. 

Please refer the screenshot for the clarity.

Thanks,

Balaram

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 7:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

For classic site, we can add the CSS style below into <head/> tag in seattle.master page to achieve it.

<style>
    #O365_MainLink_NavMenu{
    	display:none !important;
    }
    </style>

Base on your screenshot, you use modern site, we can use SPFx extension to inject custom CSS.

The following solution with source code for your reference.

https://github.com/hugoabernier/react-application-injectcss

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:01 AM
  • Hey

Modern sites don't use the classic site master page, so you can't customizing them.

Below link for your reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/solution-guidance/modern-experience-customizations-customize-sites

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

If my reply help you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards,
    Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 8:43 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Did you achieve the requirement?

Best Regards,

Dennis

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:45 AM