none
Workflow Task Approver Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a workflow which starts a task process when initiated.

I am looking to capture the name of the person from the "Holiday Request Approvers" group that approves the holiday request.

I have done a lot of searching and tried using [%Current Item:Modified By%] but this returns the name of the user making the initial request for the holiday and not the person who approved it.

I have come across some posts that contain [% CurrentTask:ModifiedBy %] but Current Task is not available from the drop down menu?

I am using Sharepoint Designer 2013 hosting on Office 365.

Any Ideas?

Cheers

James

Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi James,

This is how I get the Approver’s name in a SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow editor:

1. Create a SharePoint 2010 platform workflow, add an action “Start Approval Process”:

2. Click the Approval(5) button, then it takes me to the “Approval(5)” page:

3. Click the “Change the behavior of a single task”, then in the “When a Task Completes” step, there is “Current Task: Approval(5)”. I set it to a variable “varApprover”:

4. Save the changes and come back to the workflow editor, I can use the “varApprover” in my workflow:

Please follow the steps above and make another test in your environment.

Feel free to reply if there still any question about it.

Best regards,

Patrick

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

[%Current Task:ModifiedBy%] gives you the details of who approved the task. To find this click on the task process name "Start Approval(2)....". Select log the message. From the lookup, select the Data Source as Current Task:Approval(2) as shown below. Field from source select modified by.

To access this field outside approval process, save it in a workflow variable.

Hope this helps. 

i

• Edited by ViviSP Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:47 PM
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 3:47 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I do not see those two Task options underneath Workflow Context.

I have:

Association: History List

Association: Task List

??

Thanks

James

Thursday, January 14, 2016 8:33 PM
  • Hi James,

This is how I get the Approver’s name in a SharePoint Designer 2013 workflow editor:

1. Create a SharePoint 2010 platform workflow, add an action “Start Approval Process”:

2. Click the Approval(5) button, then it takes me to the “Approval(5)” page:

3. Click the “Change the behavior of a single task”, then in the “When a Task Completes” step, there is “Current Task: Approval(5)”. I set it to a variable “varApprover”:

4. Save the changes and come back to the workflow editor, I can use the “varApprover” in my workflow:

Please follow the steps above and make another test in your environment.

Feel free to reply if there still any question about it.

Best regards,

Patrick

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 18, 2016 8:45 AM