locked
No search results in site collection RRS feed

  • Question

  • good day
    in the production environment there are two named host sites of the same web application, one with https and the other with http. Before implementing the search results https paraecian without problem. After the implementation of the https had to be configured in the search service and add the url of uncles on the server name assignments.

    After this setting, no search results are displayed on the site with http, but on the https site if the search results are displayed
    Friday, September 1, 2017 11:12 PM

All replies

  • Hi Nicolas EV,

    How did you configure the https site in search service application? And what do you mean “add the url of uncles on the server name assignments”?

    To narrow down the issue scope, check things below:

    1. Check if the search cannot work in all http sites. Or the search cannot work in one http site.

    2. Check if the content you want to search in http site can be searchable.

    3. Check if the http site is crawled successfully in the crawl log in search service application.

    4. Start full crawl in search service application.

    Best regards,

    Sara Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Monday, September 4, 2017 7:00 AM
  • Hi Sara Fan

    Thanks for you answer

    I have Host Named Site Collection in the farm, In the content source of the Search Application,  the URL internals of the two sites http: // shp1: 5001 and http: // shp1: 5002 and the web application http: // shp1: 5000 are configured. These sites are crawling correctly

    In the search service, I used the Server Name Mappings for change http and https to the crawl, there are configured as follows:

    Address for indexing         Address for display in search results
    http: // shp1: 5001           https://site1.com
    http: // shp1: 5002            http://site2.com

    The search in the lists of site: http://site2.com does not work but in a subsite search this works fine.

    Thanks.

    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 7:08 PM
  • Hi Nicolas EV,

    Per my test in my SharePoint 2013 environment with January 2016 CU, after I configure the server name mapping in search service application, the search in the lists of the site and subsite cannot work.

    Then I install the update for SharePoint server 2013 below and run the SharePoint 2013 products configuration wizard, I configure the server name mapping in search service application, then the search in the lists of site and subsite can work.

    August 8, 2017, update for SharePoint Server 2013 (KB4011071).

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4011071/august-8-2017-update-for-sharepoint-server-2013-kb4011071

    You could install the latest CU in your SharePoint test environment, if there is no problem, then you could install the latest CU in your SharePoint production environment.

    SharePoint Updates.

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt715807(v=office.16).aspx

    Best regards,

    Sara Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Thursday, September 7, 2017 1:56 AM
  • Hi Nicolas EV,

    If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

    Best regards,

    Sara Fan


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

    Thursday, September 14, 2017 6:07 AM