none
Sharepoint Help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to figure out a way to make the infopath form vacation request I made to update a calendar.

I tried making my infopath form a list type through web services but to no luck! I hear that you can create workflows in which you can set conditions to make a form library update into a calendar. I just cant seem to figure it out.

Can you please help!

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 2:49 PM

Answers

• Follow the below steps to start the workflow when an item is created:

1. Open the site in SharePoint designer and click on Workflows in Navigation Pane
    2. Select your workflow from the list and click on it which will take you to the workflow settings page
    3. In Workflow settings page, you can see the Start options
    4. Just check the box of Start Workflow automatically when an item is created and publish the workflow
    5. Now, if you create an item in list, workflow will be triggered

You can also go to the Workflow settings page from Edit workflow page using "Workflow Settings" option available in ribbon.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Hi Oski87,

If you set the workflow start when an item is added, it will be triggered automatically.

You can design the workflow like this:

The whole process:

1. User submits a request to the leave request list.

2. Workflow will be triggered and send an email to managers.

3. Managers check the request and approve or reject it.

4. If managers approve the request, workflow will move the item( use create action) to the calendar list.

Best Regards,

CY

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:30 AM

All replies

• Follow the steps below

- Create a SharePoint list for Leave request. Customize the form in InfoPath if needed.

- Create a workflow in SP designer for Leave request list and set it to start when an Item is added,

- Edit the workflow and add an action called "Create item " and select the calendar list and the fields.

• Edited by ViviSP Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:02 PM
    Tuesday, June 7, 2016 3:01 PM
  • Im king stuff on this part

"Create a workflow in SP designer for Leave request list and set it to start when an Item is added"

How do i get it to start when the item is added. Im new to sharepoint. Would you be able to expand how i do this?

thanks a million

Tuesday, June 7, 2016 6:49 PM
  • Follow the below steps to start the workflow when an item is created:

1. Open the site in SharePoint designer and click on Workflows in Navigation Pane
    2. Select your workflow from the list and click on it which will take you to the workflow settings page
    3. In Workflow settings page, you can see the Start options
    4. Just check the box of Start Workflow automatically when an item is created and publish the workflow
    5. Now, if you create an item in list, workflow will be triggered

You can also go to the Workflow settings page from Edit workflow page using "Workflow Settings" option available in ribbon.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 5:28 AM
  • Hi Oski87,

If you set the workflow start when an item is added, it will be triggered automatically.

You can design the workflow like this:

The whole process:

1. User submits a request to the leave request list.

2. Workflow will be triggered and send an email to managers.

3. Managers check the request and approve or reject it.

4. If managers approve the request, workflow will move the item( use create action) to the calendar list.

Best Regards,

CY

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Best Regards,

CY

Thursday, June 23, 2016 9:47 AM