none
Text wrapping on Visio Crow's Foot Entity shape RRS feed

• Question

• sorry, not able to post a pic or link to one...

Using Visio Pro and the Crow's Foot Database Notation stencil. When putting text in an Entity Attribute it wraps when it reaches about half the width of the actual shape leaving lots of unused space. Is there any way to change this behaviour? 

Sunday, May 24, 2020 8:46 AM

All replies

• Hi FunkyBunch,

What do you mean by the phrase "put text in an Entity Attribute"?

If I understand correctly, is it an input text like below ?

I can't reproduce your situation, please explain your question in more detail and look forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Monday, May 25, 2020 6:32 AM
  • Hi, Would be great if I could just attach a picture to expain it. How do I get my account verified so I can do this?

Monday, May 25, 2020 10:53 PM
  • Hi FunkyBunch,

I suggest you go to this forum to go to the certification. After certification, upload the image.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.                

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:22 AM
  • Example-Entity
    Tuesday, May 26, 2020 1:02 PM
  • Hi FunkyBunch,

Did you set "Text ruler" by mistake?

You can find this option by right-clicking in the text box.

For easier explanation, you can view the screen recording below:

Best regards

Itch Sun

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 8:54 AM
  • Hi Itch Sun, I can't set the ruler any wider.

2020-05-28-10-06-17-Drawing1-Visio-Professional

Thursday, May 28, 2020 12:12 AM
  • Hi FunkyBunch,

I can't reproduce your problem.

Have you set any other formats?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:00 AM