none
Sharepoint 2013: How to update multiple list items based on another list using sharepoint workflow or any alternate way RRS feed

• Question

• I have 2 sharepoint lists. When a new entry is createdin List A, all the entries related to that employee in List B should get updated with Manager Name (List B.Manager Name= List A. Manager Name where List B.Employee Name=List A.Employee Name). Request your help in achieving this.

I tried with sharepoint 2013 workflows. But even if I use loops, it only updates the 1st matching entry in List B.

List A with columns: Employee Name, Manager Name

List B with columns (multiple entries for each employee): Employee Name, Manager Name, Other Info1, Other Info2

Thanks,

Rashmi

Friday, August 3, 2018 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Rashmi,

You can create the custom workflow as below:

Set “Update List item” action as below:

In the workflow settings Start Options section, select "Start workflow Automatically when an item is created" option.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, August 6, 2018 11:19 AM
  • Hi Rashmi,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, August 10, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi Rashmi,

I'm checking how the things are going on. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Just wanted to say thank you for this! It helped me a lot!

Tuesday, November 6, 2018 8:23 PM