none
error found in custom ui xml of "Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 com addin"

Question

• I just upgraded to Office 2010 from 2007.  32 bit, on Windows 7 64 bit.

When I use my existing Access application, I get this error:

error found in custom ui xml of "Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 com addin"
    line: 1
    Column: 82
    error code: 0x80004005
    Failed to find office control by id
    id: tabshare

(also, I am really ticked that they use an error message box that can't be copied in text form.)

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 9:17 PM

Answers

• I was having this same issue, but it was happening in one ACCDB and not the other ACCDB. I updated the ACCDB to "Allow Full Menus" and it started working again. Any idea why?
    • Proposed as answer by colinbashbash Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, July 25, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:31 PM
  • Hi KippOW,

Thank you for posting and we are glad to help with you.

After reading your post, I feel I am not very clear about your issue. How did you upgrade to Office 2010 from 2007? Did you remove Office 2007 from control panel firstly and then install Office 2010? I think this error may be that you didn't remove the com addin when uninstalling Office2007. After installing Office2010, it can't be loaded. If I have misunderstood you, just feel free to let me know.

You can remove the addin if you find it in Office2010, Options->Add-ins->COM add-ins .

I hope it can help you and feel free to follow up after you have tried.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:09 AM
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:07 AM

All replies

• Hi KippOW,

Thank you for posting and we are glad to help with you.

After reading your post, I feel I am not very clear about your issue. How did you upgrade to Office 2010 from 2007? Did you remove Office 2007 from control panel firstly and then install Office 2010? I think this error may be that you didn't remove the com addin when uninstalling Office2007. After installing Office2010, it can't be loaded. If I have misunderstood you, just feel free to let me know.

You can remove the addin if you find it in Office2010, Options->Add-ins->COM add-ins .

I hope it can help you and feel free to follow up after you have tried.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, February 16, 2011 6:09 AM
    Thursday, February 03, 2011 8:07 AM
  • Hi KippOW,

Have you resolved you issue yet? Does the suggestion work for you or not? If you still show any concern on this issue, just feel free to follow up.

Best Regards,

Bruce Song [MSFT]

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 7:21 AM
  • I was having this same issue, but it was happening in one ACCDB and not the other ACCDB. I updated the ACCDB to "Allow Full Menus" and it started working again. Any idea why?
    • Proposed as answer by colinbashbash Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:31 PM
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Monday, July 25, 2011 8:32 AM
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:31 PM
  • I have exactly the same error in one database. 

When we try to open it in Access 2007, we get the "unrecognized file format" error although there are no objects unique to Access 2010 used in this database.  It is compiled.

If I click on the "File" tab in Access 2010, I get the error message:

Error found in Custom UI XML of "Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 COM Addin": 

Line: 1

Error Code 0x80004005

Failed to find Office control by ID

ID: TabShare

Additionally, I get a Microsoft Office Alert generated in the events log with a bit more information:

Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 COM Addin

Error found in Custom UI XML of "Microsoft Access Package Solution Wizard 2010 COM Addin":

Line: 1

Error Code 0x80004005

Failed to find Office control by ID

ID: TabShare

P1: 701656

P2: 14.0.6029.1000

P3:

P4:

NOTE: There are no addins installed in either Access version.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 3:41 PM
  • Try searching your code for the UI. If this db was created on a machine that had the addin and it was used then opened on your computer without it, that could cause the error.

If this is true - try removing the call for the custom ribbon.

Check out this site for help...

http://www.accessribbon.de/

Hope this helps

Chris Ward
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Thanks for replying Chris!

Searched the code for any calls to a custom UI with none found.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:29 PM
  • You may have to decompile then compile, then run compact and repair.

Also this thread is marked as answered so the real problem solvers probably wont see this. I suggest you repost your question as a new thread. you can select the Ask New Question link to the left of your profile picture.

Chris Ward
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 4:53 PM
  • I was having the exact same issue - multiple error messages -'failed to find office control by id'  - when I clicked on the File tab in an A2010 ACCDB, but not in others ... with a Custom Ribbon.

Noting the comment above ".... I updated the ACCDB to "Allow Full Menus" ...

Sure enough - that was turned off in this particular db. Turned it back on ... problem gone.

Happy Day.

mx

Joe K Anderson, Microsoft Access MVP

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 10:31 PM
  • Is there anyway to get around this error if the vb programmed custom UI has been disabled in our network? Or is the customize ribbon under the client settings the only alternate method?

Thursday, September 18, 2014 8:40 PM