none
Word - creating a form RRS feed

• Question

• This relates to creating a form in Word, which you can achieve through activating the Developer tab.
    Do anyone know if (and in that case how) you can create text fields with e.g. grey italic example text which disappears when the user start filling in the field? The user's filled in text should then not be in the same format but in e.g. regular black Calibri.

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 8:32 AM

All replies

• That type of field is a MACROBUTTON field. See: https://wordmvp.com/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/UsingMacroButton.htm

Such a field could be created programmatically with VBA code like:

Sub Demo()
    ActiveDocument.Fields.Add Range:=Selection.Range, Type:=wdFieldEmpty, _
      Text:="MACROBUTTON NoMacro Click & Type Here", Preserveformatting:=False
    End Sub

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 9:55 AM
  • Thanks a lot Paul! Was hoping that it would have been easier but I guess I'll have to get my hands dirty then :)
    • Edited by Pedali Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:33 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2018 10:27 AM
  • Hi Pedali,

Thanks for you asking. Did you resolved your issue ? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post.

Best  Regards,

Simon

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 2:49 AM
  • You can use content controls. Those have "placeholder" text that disappears when the user enters content. No macro required and the document type can be docx  - unless you want to change the placeholder text. But that macro need not be in the document/template distributed to the user.

Cindy Meister, Office Developer/Word MVP, <a href="http://blogs.msmvps.com/wordmeister"> my blog</a>

Sunday, August 19, 2018 11:18 AM